How to Monetise Virtual Events
The meetings and events industry is undoubtedly facing its biggest challenge since the 2008 financial crisis. But in true event management style, we have a plan – the majority of us have or are currently pivoting to virtual. The big question surrounding the pivot to virtual events for many event organisers is “how do I achieve the same impact with my virtual event?” One of these impacts being, how to achieve the same financial goals as you would with a live event? Our platform at Register Event makes it easy for you to achieve your financial goals. Here are 5 tips on how to make the most out of your virtual event:
- Create an engaging virtual exhibition space. Create a virtual exhibition area where attendees can see what sponsors and exhibitors have on offer and where they can have one-on-one meetings as they would in an in-person exhibition hall, our offering allows attendees to book meetings with exhibitors where they are able to chat one-on-one, perform lead generation and share presentations. Attendees can record these meetings to refer back to later and add notes to export if needed.
- As with your physical event, virtual events generate revenue through sponsorships. Ensure that your sponsors have the desired level of exposure by having sponsored plenary sessions, their own exhibition space, online networking events, and by utilising push notification on the mobile event app to drive attendees to their engagement areas.
- Advertising may be slightly different at a virtual event, but it is just as effective, if not more so in fact. You can sell prime advertising space to your sponsors, thus ensuring their maximum exposure. Make sure you create different packages to meet each sponsor’s budget. Page headers and banners along with sponsor spots before sessions or pre-recorded videos are great areas to showcase.
- The event mobile app is your best friend. The event app can help drive attendee interaction, this is especially important if you want to drive more people to a sponsors exhibitor stand.
- Sell different package options for your event. To expand the reach of the conference, and increase your sales, sell access to certain sessions rather than just the entire conference, but make sure you keep it worthwhile to buy access to the whole event such as keeping networking and exhibitor meeting access to full ticket holders.
These are just 5 ways in which to monetise your virtual event, by doing these 5 things you can still have the same impact with a virtual event as you would have with an in-person event.